Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's More Than A Bike

Recently I purchased a bicycle. Little did I know that my car would break down only a few days later, leaving my to ride my bike everywhere. I couldn't have asked for a better present. In the past 3 weeks of not having a vehicle I've learned to be much more independent. 

I wake up every morning at 6:45, put on my thermal underwear and layers of gloves and such, and make my way to the bus stop. At 7:20 I make it to the bus stop and take the half hour bus ride to downtown Indianapolis, where I get off and ride my bike to IUPUI's campus for class. Then after class most days I head to work across downtown. After work I ride to the bus, take it back to Greenwood, then sprint the 4 miles to my house on my bike.

Sounds kind of gruesome, but really, it isn't. I'm in really good shape and I feel better all the time. My energy has gone through the roof, and my group of friends that rides bikes is getting closer and more important to me.

As I write this I'm in a one-bedroom apartment with 20 of my friends that drove up from Nashville, TN for this weekend's bike show and festivities downtown. I'll post pictures of this weekend when I have real time to post.

For now, here's a picture of me and my bike, lovingly named "Moto Moto" (because it's a Motobecane and also because of Will I. Am's character in Madagascar 2).







No comments:

Post a Comment