Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bike Race, Chicago, Movie and Swayze

Last Friday Indianpolis had our first Alley Cat race of 2009! It was roughly 20 miles and had 20-25 participants. I finished in the front of the pack at 8th place. 4th through 9th place all showed up at the same time and it was a dead sprint once we ran up the stairs to get on our bikes and to the finish line. It was amazing. Even though I got hit by a car, fell down twice, and got a cramp in my side after the red bull chug. Here's the flyer:

I know, it says 2008...it was a typo.


Tuesday my friend Eric Boes and I decided to drive from Indy to Chicago to ride our bikes around the city on St. Patrick's Day. We parked on 21st street near his friend's house and rode downtown, about a 5 mile ride. Then we rode down the lake shore and back downtown and back to Lincoln Park and then back downtown. Then back to Pilsen (21st st) and then took the El to Wicker Park. We stayed at a friend's there and had to ride all the way from Wicker Park to Pilsen at 7 AM...probably about a 12-13 mile ride. So I'd say it was about 50 miles all together. It was a good day but I was happy to get back to Indy and sleep!


Last night Allison and I went to see The Last House On The Left. It was a GREAT movie, but not for the faint of heart. If you like to get your heart pumping, go see it. If graphic movies aren't your thing, stay away.


My mom drove from Bremen to Carmel today and I met her at Goodwill so she could pick Swayze up. Sucks, but it'll be good not to have to worry about Swayze for a while. Plus, my sister is going to be happy about having a dog around that is SOOOOO awesome.

Here's swayze:


She's fully grown, too! How perfect.

1 comment:

  1. YOU GOT HIT BY A CAR?!!!

    I mean, Swayze is doing fine. Found an old hard plastic bone under the sofa cushions and is chewing on it on the other sofa. I think she sends her love.

    ReplyDelete